Terms & Conditions
UPDATED OCTOBER 2022
- Estimates for website development, design, consultations and printing are free on request. More accurate quotations can be provided further to a complete brief.
2. Commissioning Work
1. A written order is required for each job before any work can commence (e-mail or hard copy).
2. We require new clients to pay a one-off £250 deposit before work can commence.
3. Work Hours
- Our work hours are Monday to Friday 9 am – 5.30 pm GMT
- Unless you have a support or web maintenance contract we do not work outside of these hours, which includes responding to emails, etc.
- If there are unusual circumstances, or any specifically requested task outside of our usual office hours it will be charged at double time
4. Project Scheduling
When we commence a project we will ask about the intended scheduling and agree on a deadline with the client for completion of the project.
- In the unlikely event that despite having all the assets and content to complete the job we miss the deadline, we will offer the client a 10% discount on the total project cost.
- If however, the client fails to supply all the required content, or does not supply it in a timely manner which will reasonably allow us enough time to complete the project by the agreed time, there will be a penalty charge of 5% of the project total cost, per week, added to the total cost of the project.
- We host web projects on our staging servers whilst in development. Longer projects, or stalled projects which are in excess of 3 months will incur server costs, billed on a monthly basis until the project has finished
- If a project’s progress has stalled due to waiting on direction or materials from the client for more than 3 months, the project may be put on an indefinite hold and/or the project delivered in its current state.
- Time is charged @ £85/hr (plus VAT at the current rate where applicable), unless otherwise agreed
Each website is charged on an individual basis based on the type of site and content. Free estimates are available. Charges commence at £1600 and increase from there, dependent on individual requirements.
An small, average responsive/CMS brochure site costs from £1600 – £2,500. Directory, e-commerce or specialist sites requiring users log-in, etc can cost substantially more based on several factors including number of products on the site or how much of custom coding is required.
When a website has been finished and signed off, clients have the option to choose to have us host their site as well as an ongoing maintenance contract with us or to host, admin, and maintain their site themselves. Larger more complex sites may require a custom quote for ongoing maintenance.
All supportive work is charged as extra, please see below.*
- Briefing time and a reasonable amount of admin, design and development time
- Set up of an online staging area where you can view the site as it progresses. We allow for a max of 3 months development time unless otherwise agreed, such as for very large projects. Anything requiring more server time than that will be charged monthly at our usual basic web hosting rate.
- A reasonable amount of changes and corrections during the build time
- Help setting up web hosting accounts and emails if required.
- Help with Google keywords, tracking code, sitemap submission to Google
- Indexing and submission to other search engines.
- Assumed usage of supplied high-quality images and final proofed text, both supplied digitally.
- Coded to current web standards (but we obviously cannot ensure that the site retains this standard if it is maintained elsewhere)
* Separate Charges: Any other required services or design work such as:
- Creation of any company branding (ie logos)
- Writing / editing finished copy or starter copy (text which is written as a general guideline to intended textual content but requires further improvement for use as final copy).
- Any images (or animations) which may need to be created, sourced, or manipulated in Adobe Photoshop (or other specialist software). Most images take around .25hr (£16.25) to be retouched, sharpened, brightened, etc. Montaged images / web animations take longer, and the cost is dependent on various factors including time required, how many images are used, and the final size.
- Photography or sourcing Stock Library images.
- Scanning photographs or images
- Training in how to edit website pages
3. Printed Material
Design, Artwork and Consultancy time is charged on quoted based on our hourly rate.
Unless otherwise agreed the minimum charge per job is £42.50 (.5hr work).
Discounts can be negotiated for bulk or ongoing work, please ask for details.
6. Proofing and Signing Off
- Final proofreading/authors corrections are the responsibility of the client, KC Graphics holds NO responsibility for the final content and wording.
- We require a final sign-off in writing (e-mail or hard copy) before any job can be sent to print or uploaded live to the web.
7. Email or Live Online Support
- All work-related communications (emails, telephone, Skype or Zoom calls) will be charged by time as administration costs if you are not on a ore agreed support package.
- Please see our Privay Policy for full details.
- Full payment is due on invoice or within 14 days. After 14 days a late fee of 10% will apply and will be either added to the unpaid invoiced or invoiced separately.
- If projects are ongoing for longer than 2 weeks, partial invoices will be issued every two weeks.
- Payment can be made by any of the following methods:
- BANK TRANSFER
- PAYPAL (with 2% surcharge)
- CREDIT CARD though Stripe (with 2% surcharge)
- WIRE TRANSFER
- CHEQUES – If paying by cheque, please pay PROMPTLY to allow for cheque clearing times.
NB. All final press-ready pdf artwork is the property of the client and, on full payment, is available digitally. Files used to create the final document are property of KCG. Final artwork is archived for a period of 1 year and can be requested at any point. Retrieving artwork from archives will incur a search fee of £65.00.