Terms & Conditions
Quotations for design, consultancy work and printing are free on request.
Any prices quoted exclude VAT which will be charged on completion of the job at the current rate
(VAT No. 536 6403 45).
A written order is required for each job before any work can commence (e-mail or hard copy).
Make the job more efficient by giving us a great brief, read here for some tips on how to do that.
• Printed Material
Design, Artwork and Consultancy time is charged @ £55.00/hr (plus VAT at the current rate).
Unless otherwise agreed the minimum charge per job is £27.50 (.5hr work).
Discounts can be negotiated for bulk or ongoing work, please ask for details.
• Websites – charged on an individual basis
Charges are based on a set-up fee of usually £400 to £750 dependent on the type of site required. Static (non dynamic) websites tend to cost less as they require less complex coding. This set up fee includes the initial briefing, design, development of the structure and flow of a basic site, as well as help setting up web hosting and emails if >required. Each web page is subsequently charged at one hour per page (a web ‘page’ is based on the content that fits on an average A4 sheet). Dynamic PHP/MySQL sites start at around £1200.
All supportive work is charged as extra, see info below.
Large sites can be quoted on request. An accurate quotation can be provided further to a complete brief.
- Initial briefing, design work and development of the structure and flow of a basic 3-5 page site
- A reasonable amount of changes and corrections
- Help setting up web hosting accounts and emails if required.
- Help with Google keywords, tracking code, sitemap submission to Google Indexing and submission to other search engines.
- Assumed usage of supplied high quality images and final proofed text, both supplied digitally.
- The site being built to W3C standards (but we obviously cannot ensure that the site retains this standard if it is maintained elsewhere)
Charges DO NOT include any supportive work, these are separate processes which will be charged as extra. Work such as:-
- Creation of any company branding (ie logos)
- Writing / editing finished copy or ‘starter’ copy (text which is written as a general guideline to intended textual content but requires further improvement for use as final copy).
- Special Pages such as forms.
- Adding an e-commerce facility
- Interactive on-page image enlargement.
- Any images (or animations) which may need to be created, sourced, or manipulated in Adobe Photoshop (or other specialist software). Most images take around .25hr (£13.75ea) to be retouched, sharpened, brightened, etc. Montaged images / web animations take longer, and the cost is dependent on various factors including time required, how many images are used, and the final size.
- Photography or sourcing Stock Library images.
- Scanning photographs or images
Proofing and Signing off Artwork
Final proofreading/authors corrections are the responsibility of the client, KC Graphics holds NO responsibility for the final content and wording.
We require a final sign off in writing (e-mail or hard copy) before any job can be sent to print or uploaded live to the internet.
Full payment is due within 14 days of invoice.
We expect prompt payment and prefer internet payment / BACS if possible.
We are currently still accepting cheques, but these need to be sent early in order to be banked and cleared by the due date.
NB. All final press-ready artwork is the property of the client and on full payment, is available for download or on DVD, or as otherwise requested. All artwork is archived for a period of 3 years and can be requested at any point. Retrieving artwork from archives will incur a search fee of £25.00.
Updated January 2013